Search Site
Temporary Modifications/Abatements

Am I able to temporarily modify by child support or alimony during the COVID-19 Crisis? What do I do if my former spouse is attempting to modify child support or alimony?

Generally, there needs to be a substantial change of circumstances that is not contemplated at the time of the entry of the Agreement or Order. The modification of child support must also be in the best interest of the child. Dealing with a furlough, loss of job or decrease in income during Covid-19 is a substantial change in circumstances but is it enough for a modification? Generally, the substantial change also needs to be significant, material, involuntary and permanent in nature. So what does permanent in nature mean and how can you get relief now?

Contact us today for your remote consultation to learn your options.

Contact us

Please fill out the form below and one of our staff members will contact you.

Quick Contact Form

Awards & Associations
Additional Associations & Previous Awards
  • In The News

  • Our Office
    • Orlando Office
      1000 Legion Place
      Suite 1650
      Orlando, Florida 32801
      Phone: 407-403-5558